Associate Professor of Chemical Engineering and Materials Science and Electrical and Computer Engineering
- 2011, Doctoral Degree, Applied Science and Technology, University of California - Berkeley
- Master's Degree, Metallurgical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology
- Bachelor's Degree, Metallurgical and Materials Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology
Jayakanth Ravichandran is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Chemical Engineering and Materials Science at University of Southern California, Los Angeles. He received his B.Tech and M.Tech in Metallurgical and Materials Engineering from Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur in 2007. He obtained a PhD from University of California, Berkeley in 2011, and subsequently held post-doctoral positions at Columbia University and Harvard University.
I am interested in the physics, materials science, and applications of emerging complex materials, especially oxides and chalcogenides. Our synthetic capabilities range from bulk ceramic processing, single crystal growth, to state-of-the-art thin film growth techniques with in situ and real time structural and chemical characterization methods. My group also specializes in transport measurements (primarily electron transport) over a wide temperature range. Our application interest typically centers on emerging electronic, photonic and quantum device technologies, and energy conversion and production systems such as thermoelectric and photovoltaic energy conversion, and catalytic fuel production.
- Mork Family Department of Chemical Engineering and Materials Science
- Ming Hsieh Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering - Electrophysics
- VHE 714
- Vivian Hall of Engineering
- 3651 Watt Way, Los Angeles, CA 90089
- USC Mail Code: 0241
- (213) 740-0453