Associate Professor of Petroleum Engineering Practice
- 1991, Doctoral Degree, University of Southern California
- 1986, Master's Degree, Petroleum Engineering , University of Southern California
- 1982, Bachelor's Degree, Reservoir Engineering, Southwestern China Petroleum Institute
Jincai Chang is a partner, Vice President and Senior Petroleum Engineer of Maraco. He has more than 20 years in developing leading edge software for reservoir simulation, optimization and strategic planning for development of large-scale oil and gas fields as well as storage facilities. Chang also has experience in linear programming, network flow, numerical algorithms and software development. Chang received a B.S. in Reservoir Engineering from Southwest Petroleum Institute (China), an MS and Ph.D. in Petroleum Engineering from University of Southern California.
Research interests include integrated gas reservoir simulation, optimization and strategic planning for the development of large-scale oil and gas fields, as well as storage facilities.
Teaching subjects include “Advanced Engineering Mathematics,” “Reservoir Engineering and Fluid Properties,” “Economic and Engineering Evaluation of Oil and Gas Reserves,” and “Numerical Reservoir Simulation.”
- 1986 Society of Petroleum Engineers 1986 SPE West Regional Student Paper Contest.
- Mork Family Department of Chemical Engineering and Materials Science
- HED 314
- Hedco Pertroleum and Chemical Engineering Building
- 925 Bloom Walk, Los Angeles, CA 90089
- USC Mail Code: 1211
- (213) 740-2225